3rd Grade Typing Olympics
- Today I will practice my typing
- Using academic vocabulary (wpm, accuracy, home row)
- So that I can type sentences and paragraphs quickly.
- I'll know I've got it when I can sit up straight, press keys with correct fingers, return fingers to home row, and keep my eyes on the screen.
Our Motto: Train hard to succeed!
Show that you know proper keyboarding posture and hand position
Take a Typing Test and record your results in your Typing Log. Go slow enough that you can type at least 90% of the words correctly. Speed will come later.
Set your timer for 20 minutes. Choose one of the three options below to practice your keyboarding skills. Don't skip lessons!
Don't forget to set the timer!
After you have practiced you may visit any of these keyboarding games:
We will compete in the Olympic Games below to see who is the fastest typist at the end of the unit.
Do you know these keys?
- Enter key - use when double-click doesn't work to open an icon
- Backspace key - deletes to the left, one character at a time
- Delete key - deletes to the right, one character at a time
- Space bar - use to put a space between words, after commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points.
- Shift key - hold down to make a capital letter
- Caps Lock - press to turn off if shift key doesn't work to make a capital letter
- Escape key - use to exit full screen when watching a video (the get me out-of-here key)
- Tab - use to indent a paragraph or move between cells in a spreadsheet
- Alt + F4 - use to exit a program
- Ctrl + Z - use to undo
- Flying Windows key - use to show or hide the Start Menu