1st Grade Keyboarding
- Today I will practice finding keys on the keyboard.
- Using academic vocabulary (mouse, click, double-click, website, hover, scroll, Google Chrome)
- So that I can begin to type words and sentences.
- I'll know I've got it when I can use my two pointer fingers and quickly find the keys on the keyboard.
- Enter key - use when double-click doesn't work to open an icon
- Backspace key - use to fix a mistake when typing
- Space bar - use to put a space between words, after commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points.
- Shift key - hold down to make a capital letter
- Caps Lock - press to turn off if shift key doesn't work to make a capital letter