Keyboarding Basics - Lesson 1
- Today I will practice finding keys on the keyboard
- Using academic vocabulary (hover, scroll, enter, Google Chrome, track pad, volume)
- So that I can begin to type sentences and paragraphs.
- I'll know I've got it when I can use two hands and quickly find the keys on the keyboard.
Do these activities first.
- Enter key - use when double-click doesn't work to open an icon
- Backspace key - use to fix a mistake when typing
- Space bar - use to put a space between words, after commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points.
- Shift key - hold down to make a capital letter
- Caps Lock - press to turn off if shift key doesn't work to make a capital letter
Now let's Practice for 20 minutes! You may choose one or both of the games below.
Don't forget to set the timer!