Famous Coloradan Project
- Today I will research the life of a notable Coloradan.
- Using technology vocabulary
- So that I can use a computer to find information and publish in creative ways.
- I'll know I've got it when I can create a multimedia presentation based on my research.
Step 1: Choose a notable Coloradan to research from the website below:
Step 2: Log into your Google Drive; Open 4th Grade Activities Folder; Open Famous Coloradan Notecatcher; Make a copy and save in your folder that is shared with me.
- When was your person born?
- Where was your person born?
- Where did your person grow up?
- Was your person married? If yes, did the spouse play a major role in their life?
- Why is your person important to Colorado history?
- Did your person face any personal challenges during his/her life?
- How did your person respond to these problems?
- How and when did this person die?
- Add 5 more interesting facts about your person.
- Visit reliable sites on the Internet and add to your Google Doc when you find information that answers your questions.
- Use the advanced version of Google to narrow your search, taking advantage of the exact phrase search to find specifics about your person. Click here for the advanced version of Google.
- Be careful! Use only trusted sources.
- Use the Google Research Tool to cite your sources.
- Use Tagxedo.com to create a word cloud that represents your person.
- Create a timeline with at least five main events from your person's life. (Use Timeline)
- Include a significant quote about your person. Use Voki.com or the ChatterPix Kids app to make your quote come to life.
- What are they famous for doing? What makes them worthy of being researched? Use Tellagami, iMovie, or Google Slides
- Create a list of interesting facts about your person using the PicCollage app or Picmonkey.com.