4th Grade Keyboarding
- Today I will practice my typing
- Using academic vocabulary (wpm, accuracy, home row)
- So that I can type sentences and paragraphs quickly.
- I'll know I've got it when I can sit up straight, press keys with correct fingers, return fingers to home row, and keep my eyes on the screen.
For the first 10 minutes of every class you will practice your keyboarding skills and build stamina. Set the timer for 10 minutes when you are ready to start typing. You will continue to type until the timer goes off. After keyboarding you will go directly to your assigned lesson.
Don't forget to set the timer!
Now let's Practice!
Do you know these keys?
- Enter key - use when double-click doesn't work to open an icon
- Backspace key - deletes to the left, one character at a time
- Delete key - deletes to the right, one character at a time
- Space bar - use to put a space between words, after commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points.
- Shift key - hold down to make a capital letter
- Caps Lock - press to turn off if shift key doesn't work to make a capital letter
- Escape key - use to exit full screen when watching a video (the get me out-of-here key)
- Tab - use to indent a paragraph or move between cells in a spreadsheet
- Alt + F4 - use to exit a program
- Ctrl + Z - use to undo
- Flying Windows key - use to show or hide the Start Menu