Sub Plans for 5th Grade
- Today I will practice my typing
- Using academic vocabulary (wpm, accuracy, home row)
- So that I can type sentences and paragraphs quickly.
- I'll know I've got it when I can sit up straight, press keys with correct fingers, return fingers to home row, and keep my eyes on the screen.
For the first 20 minutes you will practice your keyboarding skills and build stamina. Set the timer for 20 minutes when you are ready to start typing. You will do typing lessons until the timer goes off. Don't skip around. Do the lessons in order. Click on Test across the menu bar and take a 1 minute typing test when the timer goes off.
Don't forget to set the timer!
Now let's Practice for 20 minutes!
After the timer goes off, and you've taken a 1 minute typing test, you may play any of the typing games in Typing.com or choose one of the games below.
Do you know these keys?
- Enter key - use when double-click doesn't work to open an icon
- Backspace key - deletes to the left, one character at a time
- Delete key - deletes to the right, one character at a time
- Space bar - use to put a space between words, after commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points.
- Shift key - hold down to make a capital letter
- Caps Lock - press to turn off if shift key doesn't work to make a capital letter
- Escape key - use to exit full screen when watching a video (the get me out-of-here key)
- Tab - use to indent a paragraph or move between cells in a spreadsheet
- Alt + F4 - use to exit a program
- Ctrl + Z - use to undo
- Flying Windows key - use to show or hide the Start Menu