Sub Plans -1st Grade
- Today I will practice finding keys on the keyboard.
- Using technology vocabulary (shift key, space bar, mouse, click, double-click, website, hover, scroll)
- So that I can begin to type words and sentences.
- I'll know I've got it when I can type using two hands; I can make a capital letter using the shift key; I can find any letter or number on a keyboard..
Choose an activity below to practice your keyboarding.
- Enter key - use when double-click doesn't work to open an icon
- Backspace key - use to fix a mistake when typing
- Space bar - use to put a space between words, after commas, periods, question marks, and exclamation points.
- Shift key - hold down to make a capital letter
- Caps Lock - press to turn off if shift key doesn't work to make a capital letter